Policies and Terms
DiamondStone Bed & Breakfast, and some Homestead units accept one night stays.
All Vacation Homes require TWO NIGHT MINIMUM stays, sometimes with three night minimums on Holidays.
ALL DiamondStone facilities are NON-SMOKING. No smoking in home or garage. Outside receptacles are provided.
DiamondStone's PRICING POLICY is different than some vacation homes. We hope you see the advantage in being able to rent a 3 or 4 bedroom home for less than its full price, if you have fewer people and agree to use only one or two of the bedrooms (and the rest of the home of course). For us, it is an issue of housekeeping time, amount of laundry and such. If you rent less than a full house, and consequently receive a discounted price, you need to use only the room(s) agreed to. If housekeepers report the use of more than these rooms, the difference will be charged.
Security Damage Deposit - In order to protect our homeowners and their belongings, there is a $100 security authorization run the day of arrival. It "authorizes", but does not charge, that amount, to be available for 30 days to cover damages by guests or pets if needed. After departure, when housekeepers turn the place over and all is well, it is cleared. It works well as it is never charged & there is no need to refund a security deposit. If actual damages exceed $100, actual cost of repair or replacement will be charged.
KEY Policy - Most homes have a combination lockbox with key. It is your responsibility to keep track of it and return it to the lockbox upon departure. Failure to leave key in lockbox will result in expense to have the home rekeyed, charged to your credit card.
Check in time is 3:00pm. Check out time is 11:00am. Housekeeping requests your observance of these times in order to accommodate other guests as necessary. You may ask for special arrangements. We reserve the right to substitute units when circumstances arise beyond our control.
PETS (dogs only) are allowed only with prior arrangement, for an additional fee of $10/night/dog. Pet policy = Clean up yard, put poops in outside trash can. Keep pets off of the furniture & do not leave them alone in house. Wipe feet as necessary. Failure to respect pet policy can result in eviction and/or charges.
Some homes have HOT TUBS, BICYCLES, KAYAKs or FISHING GEAR provided. Any personal recreation equipment offered is accepted by you AT YOUR OWN RISK. DiamondStone, Doug & Gloria Watt, & the homeowner are in no way liable for the use, misuse, condition or amount and type of safety equipment provided. Guests will act responsibly and take health considerations into account for themselves. You can also easily rent bicycles, ski and snowshoe equipment at several locations nearby.
Cancellation Policies: Oct 1 - May 30: ONE Night Deposit is NON-Refundable, with the balance due 2 weeks prior to arrival, run on the same credit card unless other arrangements made. If cancellation occurs within 2 weeks of arrival, amounts paid are credited to a transferrable gift certificate toward a future multi-night stay. June 1 - Sept 30: ONE Night Deposit is NON-Refundable, with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival, run on the same credit card unless other arrangements made. If cancellation occurs within 30 days of arrival, amounts paid are credited to a transferrable gift certificate toward a future multi-night stay.
Lost & Found - DiamondStone is not responsible for your lost, damaged or stolen property. We are willing to return items you may have left, but you must contact us, and will be asked to pay a $10 or more handling fee for the time and trouble that it takes to ship back items left.
What to expect:
DiamondStone B&B and Vacation Rentals DO have wireless Internet access.
Linens and towels, sufficient for the number of guests reserved, are provided. Housekeeping on departure is included with all reservations. Phones - Not provided; these days, usually not a problem.
Please contact us with any questions: Phone: (541) 536-6263
VACATION RENTAL TENANT AGREEMENT
* Be it acknowledged that you are renting a private home. There is personal property on site, & tenant will be charged for damaged or missing items. Extra cleaning needs due to damage will be charged. Worry not, we trust you and do not count normal wear & tear, glass breakage and such, but it must be said. Personal property is provided for your use & enjoyment. (need bicycles?) It is expected to stay in good condition. * Inspect home upon arrival, as you must inform us of any damage, so that you are not held responsible for it. * If cancellation occurs within 30 days (high season) or 2 weeks (Oct-May) of arrival, reservation is paid in full, and there is no refund. Management will issue a credit to be used toward a future multi-night stay.
* One night is always non-refundable. The balance is due 2 weeks prior to arrival, run on the same credit card unless you make other arrangements.
* A $100 security authorization is run the day of arrival. It "authorizes", but does not charge that amount, to be available for 30 days to cover damages if needed. After departure, when housekeepers turn the place over and fine, it is cleared. It works well as it is never charged & there is no need to refund a security deposit. If actual damages exceed $200, the actual cost of repair or replacement will be charged.
* Home is on a SEPTIC SYSTEM - do not flush unnecessary items.
* Home uses well water with a bit of iron in it. There is a pitcher of Brita filtered water in the refrig.
* NO SMOKING in this home or garage. $100 will be charged from security authorization for violations. Also, outside fireworks, campfires or burning is NOT PERMITTED due to high fire danger. * Any personal recreation equipment (bicycles or kayak) offered is accepted by you AT YOUR OWN RISK. DiamondStone, & Doug & Gloria Watt, Dave Brubaker & Elaine Berhausen, are in no way liable for the use, misuse, condition or amount and type of safety equipment provided. By agreeing to these policies, guest accepts that the aforementioned parties are held harmless, & are not responsible for the use of such equipment. * DiamondStone is not responsible for your property - lost, damaged or stolen. * Vacations are about fun & enjoyment, please TREAT THIS HOME WITH RESPECT.
Check Out Procedures: 1. Pile dirty towels in the laundry area (so we know what's been used.) Leave linen on beds. 2. Wash any dirty dishes and RUN DISHWASHER (so we can just put clean dishes away.) 3. Lock doors as you exit and RETURN KEYS to the Lockbox or DiamondStone B&B unless other arrangements are made.